I found out I was pregnant three weeks ago. My partner and I were over-the-moon. A few days later the sickness started, which I new was normal, so I wasn't particularly concerned. It became severe and for four days I was unable to keep any food or fluids down. A trip to the doctor and some tablets helped and I soon felt better, but the tablets ran out and two days later I was being severely sick again. I then started vomiting blood and I felt dehydrated. I had burst blood vessels in my throat, neck and eyes from the vomiting. I was admitted to hospital where I was taken to a ward and I remained there for just over five days. Initially the anti-armetics failed to work and I had an allergic reaction to one of the drugs; as a result my arm went blue. They battled for four days to keep me hydrated.
On the second day of my stay I had an early scan. Unfortunately they found something abnormal, a 'patch' that shouldn't be there. I was told by the doctor it was one of three things. The most likely being a haemorrhage or a bleed, a possible twin that didn't develop or worse a molar pregnancy, which is where an embryo isn't viable and has to be removed. I have another scan in two weeks for the verdict. My anti-sickness tablets last for another ten days, after which I could be sick again and end up back in the hospital.
Unfortunately, my writing and course work have suffered. I am hoping that soon I will be better and be able to crack on with my fourth assignment. Has anyone else suffered this during a pregnancy???
No comments:
Post a Comment